Monday, March 15, 2010

Reminders

Yesterday was a day of reminders for me, as I am still on a learning path and always need reminded and some extra guidance when walking with the Lord. My pastor said a phrase that  I wrote down, he got it from a exercise video and changed it up a little. It said “ Do your best, forget the rest”, but I like  “Do your best for God, and he will help you with the rest!” 

I feel like I have been under a shell and I’m coming out! What a feeling! I was searching for a verse in the bible this morning, and I couldn’t find the one I was hunting for, but God helped me find this one, and how appropriate it is right now. “Guide me in your truth and teach me,  for you are God my savior, and my hope is in you all day long”. It is amazing how fast I can forget that, but need to cling to it. I was trying to put my hope and joy into something else, and that is the lesson I had to learn. More than once it seems…….LOL. My joy comes from God above , if I keep trying to get it somewhere else, I will keep getting disappointed every time!  I was reminded of that last night, it was much needed!

So it’s good to get reminded when you start to stray from the path God has intended for you.  It reminds me of a song we sang yesterday at church. Not so much the reminding part but the part where God is working in me.  Lord, you are the potter and I am the clay. Mold me and make me, have Thine own way.

signature copy

  

No comments:

Post a Comment