Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Distractions

I was laying in bed writing in my head what I was
going to say on here today, and of course I can't
remember a thing...LOL! Have you ever had that
happen? I should have gotten up and wrote it all
down, but my bed felt too good! I did however wake
up today with a question in hand. Lord what do you
need me to do for you today?

We often or should I say I get distracted from God,
with what he might want us to do. We go to church on
Sunday hear a great sermon and say to ourselves, I am
going to do that. We have the best intentions too, but
we often get sidetracked with humanly things. Or Satan
puts in our heads we can do that ourselves and we don't
need God's help. So how do we fight this temptation?

For me I am always talking out loud for God to hear. It
is like he is standing in the room with me, and I am holding
a conversation with him. Listening to what he has to say
back is the key, and sometimes very hard to do. It might
not be what you have envisioned to happen, but it's the
way God has. It might also even seem impossible, and of
course there is always Satan trying to convince you of the
other.

A friend once gave me some advice, I use it so I don't lose
track of what God wants from me! I also was reminded of
it last night during bible study. I haven't used it in awhile,
and Satan is always looking for a way to distract us for God.
I believe I will be using it more and more.
"So if Satan comes knocking ask God to get the door!!"
We are all human and it is easy to get sidetracked. I do, but
I also know there is a loving God who will keep me on his path
if I just open my ears and listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment